Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie

Wednesday, February 20, 2008



I was reading my preganancy journal and thought I'd post what I wrote almost one year ago: February 26, 2007. Anna was only 19 weeks old in my belly. It really helps you to see what kind of miracle took place in such a short amount of time.

"We got our ultrasound last Wednesday! Like a proud parent, I took your pics into work to show you off. I thought our ultrasound experience would be so special and so much different. Don't get me wrong, it was such a neat moment shared between me and Matt but I guess I thought it would feel like I was really looking at you. Instead I felt like I was staring at an optical illusion and that I was the only one in the room who couldn't "see it."

Daddy was really good at recognizing things. I could hardly recognize anything. We saw your little heart, brain stem, kidneys, legs, arms, fingers, toes, eyes, and mouth. You are such an amazing miracle! We are so thankful that God chose us to have you! What a blessing you already are!

I was so excited to have your little foot, arm and face captured on film. Unfortunately we see your bones on the picture. So daddy called your picture "Skelator." We have to admit that it's a bit creepy. Sorry baby, it's just that we can only see bone.

The ultrasound tech said you look very healthy - 10 ounces! You were so cute because you were moving so much. You even grabbed your feet while we were watching you! What a precious moment to witness! You are so amazing and growing and developing so much and so quickly. Now when I feel you move, I keep thinking you're grabbing your toes and exploring. Daddy was excited because he thought you were stretching and so you must be a runner!!"

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into our little now-17-pound Anna's life one year ago....it's TRULY a miracle, isn't it?

No comments: