Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie

Wednesday, February 18, 2009


(Last picture of Anna as an only child at about 7:30 pm. I'm in early labor in this picture. We ate LaRosa's -don't ask how I was in the mood for it- I labored at home and we left for the hospital at 3am)

Welcome Megan Jane!.....Finally...

Okay, so she's been here for 3 1/2 weeks already, but of course you wouldn't know if you ever check this blog. Let's just agree that life is a little different now and if we get a post up every 2 weeks from here on then we're doing well.

Megan was born Sunday January 25 at 9:32 am -which happened to be her due date! She was 8lb. 4oz. and 20.5 inches long. She's a beautiful, healthy baby and we are very blessed. Labor was a lot easier than Anna's. I was able to do it all unmedicated which was an amazing experience. It was really unbelievable to go through that (in a good way =). Thanks to Matt's wonderful support and encouragement and the skills of our doula, Barbara, I did it.

If you did your math correctly, Anna and and Megan are exactly 18 months apart. Anna has been a great big sister. I think she's at a perfect age to accept a baby into our home. There really hasn't been any jealousy at all. Her favorite part about Megan right now is touching her body parts - she loves to point out her eyes, nose, mouth, toes...It's adorable, until she tries to touch her eyeball.

I, especially, am very glad that we gave the girls sisters. I love my three brothers, but I always wanted to share that bond with a girl. I'm already imagining all the fun girl stuff that lies ahead for us. (Matt, on the otherhand, probably cant' get images of 13 years down the road out of his head.)
Here are the pictures I'm sure you're dying to see. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh Jennifer, she's beautiful. I'm so happy for you. Thanks for posting, I'm sure you are really busy! I hope God continues to bless you and your family!

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you guys. It looks like you are very happy and I am sure it is fun to see Anna and Megan interact!!! Hope that these coming months are filled with many memories!!!