Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie

Thursday, September 24, 2009



Family Day at the Zoo
One of my favorite things to do with the girls is go to the Cincinnati Zoo. I try to meet up with friends, but when they can't make it I don't know why I always attempt it by myself. I can do it, but it just makes for a very crazy day. "Don't have any expectations." That's what I always tell people when they ask how (or why) I can do outings by myself with a rambunctious 2 year old and a fiesty 8 month old.
One of the most difficult things about going to the zoo, in particular, is that Anna always wants to get out of the stroller and walk around. As you can imagine, it's nearly impossible for me to let her. Inevitably, it means that I will go through my day choosing one child over the other....do I leave Megan to run after Anna, or do I risk Anna jumping in with the Gorillas to stay with Megan. The end decision: make unhappy Anna stay in stroller.

When Matt took a day off work and we took the girls to the zoo, it was a perfect opportunity to let Anna walk around by herself. She did this the entire time we were there and thought she was big stuff. It was nice to see her explore on her own and really enjoy her day there.


No comments: