Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie

Monday, January 25, 2010



Happy First Birthday Megan!!!!
What a wonderful day! We love birthdays around this house and we celebrated all day. First, we took a trip to the doctor's for Megan's one year well check which turned into a sick visit for both Megan and Anna. Thus Megan's first birthday gifts today were two vaccinations and then an Amoxicillan prescription. Not too bad I guess. She got some cool bandaid "tattoos" that made her look like a tough biker when her shirt was off for cake time and "at least the Amoxicillan is pink and tastes good" (in Becky's words.)

During nap I baked cupcakes, cooked dinner and decorated a little for our evening party. The "party" consisted of me, Matt, Anna and Megan; But when you call it a party, Anna gets so incredibly giddy with excitement that you really can't do it any other way. We had a banner, party hats and lots of cupcakes. We finished with birthday presents in the basement. It was a fantastic first first birthday party (we'll have the second with just family on Saturday - sorry friends, wish you could come to celebrate, but we decided to limit the kids since we just came off a 10 day hiatus of illness.)

I can't believe little Meggie Moo, Megs, Megan is ONE!?!? This year was so much fun. Really it was. I would encourage anyone who can muster the energy and strength to have two under two. Seriously. Go ahead. Twiblings are wonderful!!!! Now we have a one year old and a two year old. It makes your head spin thinking about it, doesn't it? It's definitely not for everyone, but we LOVE it :) ....However, check back in with me if this weather doesn't warm up one day soon. I NEED to get out of this house. This winter thing is what might make one rethink the whole idea of two toddlers...

Anyway, Happy First Birthday Baby Girl!!!! We love you!!!!
p.s. Thank you Charlotte for letting me borrow your very pretty "1" shirt. I think I looked so cute in it. It's nice to know I can still borrow clothes from my friends even when they live in Texas. :) I miss you! Love, Megan

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I simply cannot believe it! Happy Birthday Megan!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Love you!

Grandma Kathy said...

Malfunction in the entry, hit the wrong key...twice!