Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cookie Monster Spray and Other Childhood Remedies
I think this will be the title of my mommy-hood book that I write....one day, when I have time... Anna has recently developed this curious fascination with Cookie Monster. The interest started out as pure amusement pretending she was cookie monster and eating things loud, fast and messy. Then in the last month it turned into anxiety.

At first, I thought it was a great game of imagination to get us in the car quicker while she was screaming, "Hurry, get in the car, Cookie Monster's coming!!!!" Then it really became a source of distress for her. She would tell us that Cookie Monster was on her ceiling or coming in her window or sitting next to her. Yeah, a bit creepy....

So one morning as she was feeling a bit panicked, I asked Matt if he would pick up some Cookie Monster spray on the way home from work. "Of course!" he proclaimed to Anna. I told him I was certain that I had seen a bottle at the store the other day. Anna was waiting by the laundry room when he came home that day remembering that he held the solution to her problem - as I'm sure she thinks Daddys always do. It was teamwork between Matt and me to get that bottle in her hands and she loved it. She began spraying the doors and windows. We set it on top of the refrigerator where she can see it and ask for it if she feels she needs it. So far, it's been successful for about two weeks. It must be some pretty powerful stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pure genius!

Matthew said...

This is about the cutest story I've heard. Great idea!