Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Smarty Pants
Yesterday, we went shopping at Kroger in Walton. On the way we passed a local shop that had handcrafted wooden rocking chairs on the front porch. I hopped out of the car to check out the child-sized chairs and told Anna and Megan that maybe we could get one for Christmas. We were getting ready for story time last night in Anna's room and she told me she wanted to get that new rocking chair. I told her that we might get one new chair for Christmas so that Megan could have one since Anna already has one with her name on it. She told me that she wanted one too. "But you already have one Anna. And it has your name on it so we can't give it to anyone else." "Yes we can! I know! Let's paint it with 'Josie' then we can give it to her!!!...and I can get a new one." :)

There was a gorgeous full moon last night. Anna told me a whole story about it as we were staring at it driving home: "Mommy, I'm going to get a rocket ship and fly up to the moon. I'm going to take it out of the sky and bring it home. I'm going to keep it in my room and look at it all the time because I like it and it's pretty." (Oh, to have that sort of innocence!!!) Maybe I'll just get her some glow in the dark stars for her ceiling. That seems a bit safer.

No comments: