Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sweet Words from Anna

One of the greatest things about being a mommy is watching your children grow. I love watching them learn the world around them and just explode in knowledge and excitement for the "tricks" they learn. Megan is still in the really sweet stage of just learning what things feel and smell like and is forever smiley with happiness of her innocent world. It is amazing to watch Anna understand concepts, make connections, and ultimately feel so proud of herself for achieving something new.

Today Anna, Megan and I went to the zoo. We were sitting in the children's zoo and Anna discovered some turtles beyond a wall over by the playground. I had no idea they were there, but sure enough, her little voice saying "Mommy, tuh-uls" proved to be correct. So I took her over and sat on the wall with her to watch them. There were three: big, medium and small. The two bigger ones kept following each other in small circles. I was talking to Anna about it and she was watching intently. We kept talking about how they were playing together and chasing each other.

All of a sudden I was trying to figure out what she was saying..."woe, sash, fall down". How cute it was when I figured out she was singing Ring-Around-the-Rosies! Oh my, my daughter was the cutest darn thing in the whole zoo at that moment! I knew no one would appreciate it as much as her proud mommy, but I ended up sharing it with the girl standing next to me anyway. "Isn't it so sweet! She thinks the turtles are playing Ring-Around-the-Rosies! Did you hear her singing?!" The girl politely concurred. One might say that the girl could care less, but I'm going to disagree. She had two boys. Surely she doesn't get to experience too many cute moments. I have two adorable little girls. I would know. Ha, ha- just kidding to all of you with little boys. I'm sure they're sweet too =)

One more cute "conversation" for the record....

The other morning I went in to get Anna out of bed. I was wearing a Bengals shirt. Pounding her fist in the air, she got all excited with trembling body and shouted "ooo-day!" That's right, my daughter is a proud Bengals fan. She can't wait for them to get back on the turf in a few weeks. The funniest part of this whole thing was that she probably has not heard us say "Who-Dey" in months yet she still knows it. (She probably didn't hear it much during the season either...)

Anna at 2 months and at this year's Super Bowl.



No comments: