Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lunchtime Conversations

Anna at lunch yesterday ("Maw" is Grandma Blaze and "Baw Baw" is Grandpa Blaze): "Maw is my mommy and Baw Baw is my daddy."

I reply: "Really? What about me? I'm your mommy and daddy's your daddy, right?"

Anna: "Well.....(very dragged out and in deep thought) Maw is my old mommy and Baw Baw is my old daddy."


And today at lunch ----

We were discussing what would happen if we have another baby (no we're not pregnant yet but we do want more). I was talking about how we would need to put another carseat in the backseat or maybe we would have to get a van.

Anna's reply: "I would like a van. I want a minivan. (Then her eyes got really big and excited and she continued) I want Minnie on it AND Mickey AND Daisy!"

I love these sweet everyday conversations. Who knew that all this time Anna heard the term minivan, she thought it was a MINNIE van?! ha ha ha :)

1 comment:

Maw / Mom said...

I love it !
We get so used to saying things, that we don't hear them the way a child does.
I would love to have a "Minnie" van, and I agree, I think that Mickey should come with it.