Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie

Thursday, July 22, 2010



An addendum to the previous post ("Growing Up in 2010")...
Yesterday, we were at the mall and Anna was looking at some earrings. She really wanted some gold ball earrings, but I told her no. Somehow she thought I bought them and asked for them in the car. She then told me, "Maybe we can just look online for some."

Fun Summer Trip to Coney!
I have some fantastic memories of visiting Sunlite Pool when I was little. We didn't go to a swim club so our one, sometimes two, trip(s) to Coney Island every summer was a huge highlight. Last year, Matt and I took Anna by herself


and a few weeks ago, we repeated that -only this time was so much more fun! The water was about 20 degrees warmer, Anna loved going out far in the pool, and she was a thrill seeker on the rides. The first ride she rode?...the Python roller coaster. This is a REAL roller coaster. For a not-quite-three-year-old to willingly ride was very shocking to me. She loved it, rode it first with me and then rode it as the last ride for the night with Matt. We told her that we'll take her back one night this summer just to do the rides again. This was a great park for little ones!





2 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like she really enjoyed it, a great memory!

rdmillaybabe said...

for some reason I find it absolutely hysterical that you posted the roller coaster ride...I was laughing the whole time & waiting for you to turn the camera around and show Anna's face...thanks for making me laugh, I needed that :)